DOS AND DON’TS OF SKIN CARE DEPENDING ON THE AGE-
- Start an antiaging regime and start using eye cream
- Stick to the basic skin care regime
- Do not use same products that were used in teens
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Add good serum and peptides to daily routine
- Try to use products with multiple ingredients
- Follow dry brushing before shower daily as it is a best way to exfoliate the body while stimulating collagen production and maintaining elasticity.
- Give up habits like sleeping with makeup on, poor nutrition, and lack f exercise.”
- Choose products with potent ingredients like retinol or Genistein, a soy extract that blocks and diminishes collagen-destroying enzymes.
- Take antioxidants like green tea extract, vitamins C and E and lycopene as they also help protect collagen.
- Don’t use bar soaps and drying cleansers, instead use non foaming cleanser.
- Use targeted products (against pigmentation, dark spots) Exfoliate regularly.
Above 50 years
- Use moisturizers containing hyaluronic acid, which makes skin look plumper and firmer.
- Do not neglect neck, hands and chest, follow skin care regime for these areas also.
- Use sunscreen regularly
- Include vitamin C, retinol, multi-acids, and antioxidants into daily regime.
- Soothe inflammation of the skin as it prone to redness and irritation. Green tea extract can be used for the same.
- Take care of lips also. Use anti aging ingredients like vitamin C, retinol, and exfoliating acids to smooth fine lines around the lips.
- Fitzpatrick’s dermatology in general medicine, chapter 250. Cosmetics and skin care in dermatology. Leslie baumann
- Contemporary guide to aesthetic enhancement. Marian Cantisana Zilkha. 1st edition